Talk to us today (08) 9386 1622
For the convenience of our patients the Practice policy is to perform hearing testing at the time of consultation where applicable. Because of the constraints of time, the child’s cooperation or underlying medical problems, the hearing assessment may not be adequate at the time and the child may require further hearing assessment at a specialised centre, such as the Telethon Speech & Hearing Centre, Lions Hearing Centre, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Child Development Centre or Australian Hearing Services. Infants and very young children will be tested, where possible, by specialist graduate Audiologists in the Rooms. Otoacoustic emission testing facilities are available for newborn and objective testing of hearing function.
- BA (Speech and Hearing) University of Witwatersrand – graduating as a speech pathologist and audiologist – awarded graduating year A B Clemons Award for study ‘central auditory processing in stutterers”
- Masters in Special education from Curtin University in 2008
course work included pilot study on differing professionals approach to auditory processing and a proposal for therapeutic intervention post grommet insertion etc
- Worked as a speech pathologist /audiologist with children and adults in South Africa before migrating to Perth in the early 80′s
- has worked virtually exclusively in audiology with adults and children since – both privately with Ear Nose and Throat Surgeons and publicly (eg at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital , Princess Margaret Hospital and for the last 10 years at the State Child Development Centre specialising in the hearing assessment of children for 0 to 17 years of age with a range of complex developmental difficulties. )
- Graduated from the University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Speech Therapy and Honours in Audiology. Thesis topic was the Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR).
- Career has included rehabilitation services- paediatric and adults at Australian Hearing Services and private audiology clinics.
- Senior audiologist in a private audiology clinic which provided diagnostic-ABR and vestibular testing and rehabilitation services for hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Involved in aboriginal ear health and providing services to remote regions in Western Australia. Currently visit Exmouth and Carnarvon.
- Currently working with a number of private paediatric ENT specialists in the Perth metropolitan area.